CODE OF CONDUCT FOR CLUB OFFICIALS, COACHES AND VOLUNTEERS
All volunteers, whether coaches, parents or others working at or on behalf of Langleybury Cricket Club, must practice good ethical conduct and observe child protection procedures whenever they are in contact with or are supervising young cricketers of whatever age, race, gender or religion.
All volunteers must:
- Consider the well-being and safety of participants before the development of performance, including the provision of helmets when required.
- Develop an appropriate working relationship with players, based on mutual trust and respect.
- Make sure all activities are appropriate to the age, ability and experience of those taking part.
- Promote the positive aspects of cricket – for example, fair play.
- Display consistently high standards of behaviour and appearance.
- Follow all guidelines laid down by the England and Wales Cricket Club and Langleybury Cricket Club.
- Hold the appropriate and valid qualifications of a minimum Grade 1 coaching standard, the DBS check and insurance cover.
- Never exert undue influence over players to obtain personal benefit or reward.
- Never condone rule violations, rough play or the use of prohibitive substances.