Langleybury is a village cricket club, affiliated to the ECB, Hertfordshire County Cricket Association and the Club Cricket Conference. We are members of the Saracens Hertfordshire Cricket League and are located between Watford and Kings Langley, off the main A41. We are a relatively new cricket club, being formed in 1950, with a mere 64 years of history. However during that period we have grown from our village roots into one of the top teams in Hertfordshire, reaching the National Village Championships final at Lord’s in 1996 and winning the Hertfordshire League Premier Division in 1998.We currently put out four teams each Saturday – all four sides currently play in the Saracens Herts League. On Sundays we are involved in two cup competitions, the National Village Championships and the Herts County Cup (which we won in 1999). We also run one Sunday side in the Chess Valley League as well as playing various friendly fixtures.In midweek at Langleybury, we compete in the Heath Cup (which we won in 2003 and 2006) and the Watford Observer Cup (we were runners-up in 2007). In addition there is an affiliated midweek team (the Langleybury Old Contemptibles) who play their home games at the Club on Wednesday evenings.
We have had a thriving Juniors section at Langleybury for many years. We are now starting to see the fruits of that investment with a number of boys who have come up through the colts breaking into the 1st XI.
The clubhouse at Langleybury can be described as having ‘old world charm’. However the success of the club, both on the playing front and on the social side, enabled us to raise enough money over the years such that during the 2005/06 close season we carried out a programme of re-development to expand our limited facilities such that we now have a clubhouse/changing rooms we can be proud of, and hopefully that opposing clubs look forward to coming to.